Community News

2018 Headstart Program – I Am Known As A Learner

Picture of Andrew Bryson
2018 Headstart Program – I Am Known As A Learner
by Andrew Bryson - Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 3:49 PM

As you are aware students have been involved in our end of year Headstart program. All students are to be commended for their positive approach to the various activities held throughout this week.

A highlight of this week has been the Year 7 iExplore Enterprise Skills program. Facilitated by experienced staff from TriPod Enterprise Education, Year 7 students have had the opportunity to explore, develop and strengthen their enterprise skills through a series of enterprise activities.

The week will conclude with a showcase of the student learning in the Atrium on Friday 1 December at 1.00 pm. Parents are Year 7 students are invited to join us on this day to not only see what the students have achieved but also celebrate the end to their son’s first year at Marcellin.

There has been a paramount of work throughout this year in the planning of the various aspects of our new Headstart program and I’d like to thank all the members of our Learning and Teaching Team and in particular, Sandra Hanson, Kalli Koniaras, Liz Sullivan and Joshua Di Pietro for their role in overseeing many of the this activities. I’d also like to acknowledge the work of our teachers in transitioning from the end of Semester Two into a new Headstart program and facilitating many of these sessions.

A reminder Year 7, 8 and 9 students will commence their 2018 classes as of Monday 4 December. All information about our Headstart program is available on the Community News section of MyMarcellin. We hope this new Headstart program has provided many opportunities for all students to learn new skills in and outside of the classroom.

Cambodia Solidarity Immersion

On Saturday 2 December Aley Rice, Adriano Di Prato, Damien Gidley and Michelle Abrahmsen and ten young men from Year 11 will be travelling to Cambodia as part of the College’s Solidarity Immersion program.

Last year I had the privilege of being involved in this program and often reflect on this life giving experience. I’d like to wish the 2017 pilgrims safe travels and wish them the best as they work in solidarity with the Marist Brothers in Cambodia as they actively respond to Christ’s own call to care for the most vulnerable in our world.