Community News

Faith Matters

Picture of Carolyn Young
Faith Matters
by Carolyn Young - Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 3:32 PM

In this third century of Marist work around the world, we celebrate `A Future with Hope’. We have much to be grateful for and hopeful about, and so we take `A Future with Hope’ as our College theme for 2018. We will explore this theme through the lens of the words of the prophet Jeremiah: “For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11). Some of us here may be nervous about what the year ahead holds – hopefully we can remember that God’s plan for us is shaped by God’s never-ending, never-failing love for us. With that faith, may our nerves be calmed and let us pray that we continue come to live as St Marcellin calls us all to live: as people of compassion, love, peace, justice, generosity, faith and hope.

Years 11 and 12 Retreats

Before we know it our Senior Retreats will provide our young men in Years 11 and 12 with the opportunity to continue to grow as "good Christians and good citizens" as they undertake activities designed to help them better know themselves and the support available to them. A gentle reminder for all parents/guardians of young men in Years 11 and 12: if you haven't returned your son's documentation for Retreat, please do so as soon as possible.

I look forward to working with you in the year ahead.