Community News

Welcome From Caleb Ostwald – College Captain

Picture of Adriano Di Prato
Welcome From Caleb Ostwald – College Captain
by Adriano Di Prato - Wednesday, 6 February 2019, 2:27 PM

Wominjeka to the Marcellin family as we officially begin the 2019 academic year.
I would like to make all of our new members especially welcome and extend my best wishes to you that Marcellin may bless your lives as it has mine and countless others.

There is an incredible feeling at Marcellin this year, as we prepare to embark on a courageous new academic journey, Polaris - the North Star, in 2020. For our junior and prospective students, this necessary change in learning will bring an incredible foresight into the future of the world of work, as well as the skills and knowledge necessary to achieve personal greatness.

For our senior students, as many Marcellin men before them have done, we encourage a wholehearted approach to learning and their Marcellin journey. To make the most of each moment with presence, to wholeheartedly love others, as Marcellin did, and to give a generous yes; to studies, to their co-curricular activities, and to faith, as Mary did.

The Class of 2019, which I am so fortunate to be a part of, completes our 6-year secondary school journey with final exams in November. The passion and enthusiasm I have witnessed as we entered this high-stakes year has been inspiring. It has also filled me with faith that not only will this year be unforgettable, but that the support we have for each other will see each of us achieve our best, with Virtute Ad Altissima forever in our hearts