It was wonderful to have so many parents present at our Depth stage Expo on Friday July 26 at the start of the day. Our Year 8 and 9 students are to be commended for the way they engaged with this opportunity across periods 1 – 4. Students were asked to share with their families what information they had gained from Expo as well as further questions they had. We are hoping that you had more discussions about Depth possibilities over the weekend with your son as preparation for Program Selection on August 22. Conversations at home and school should continue as students may speak to current subject teachers, Learning Leaders, Pastoral Leaders and careers advisors at school.
Our constant focus on providing opportunities for students to learn and apply new skills in a real-world context aims to ensure we are preparing our students for their future. These experiences also allow students to develop a greater understanding of their strengths, interests and future aspirations as they strive for the highest in all that they do.
In the coming weeks the following key events will be held as part of the program selection process:
- Monday 5 August period 2 Year 9 Depth Stage Assembly #3 (Compulsory courses and Learning Diversity)
- Tuesday 6 August period 1 Year 8 Depth Stage Assembly #3 (Compulsory courses and Learning Diversity)
- Monday 12 August – VTAC and Transition Evening (Year 12 students)
- Thursday 15 August – Year 8 and 9 Career Action plan and draft Program course selection due to Pastoral Leader
- Thursday 22 August (12.50pm – 5.30pm) – Program Selection Interview (current Year 8, 9 and 10 students)