18 August 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Parent/Teacher/Student conferences are scheduled to take place on;
- Thursday 3 September (10.00am – 8.00pm)
- Monday 7 September (2.00pm – 9.00pm)
You are welcome to book on whichever day suits best at any available time. Bookings are now open.
Due to the current health situation and stage 4 lockdown, we will be conducting these conferences online. The interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams with 10-minute interview slots. Your son is asked to attend these with you as would be the normal practice. The conferences provide a valuable opportunity to discuss your son’s progress to date.
Thursday 3 September will be an Independent Learning Day for students. Teachers will be setting learning tasks via MyMC for their classes with the expectation these will be completed. Your son is asked to follow his Day 4 timetable and attend to his learning, with the exception if he is attending conferences. This structure will allow for a greater number of booking times where parents can access feedback from teachers.
On Monday 7 September normal classes will run with the timetable being adjusted so school concludes at 12.50pm.
When you click on the link below, you will be taken to a Microsoft booking site that you then navigate to make your relevant bookings. Once completed, a meeting invite will be sent to your calendar along with the relevant teacher. On the afternoon of the conferences, you will just access your calendar and click on the link in the meeting invite to join the online Teams meeting. Your son would be very familiar with Teams and online meetings.
- Year 7 Conference link – https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/Year7PTSConferences@marcellinvic.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/
- Year 8 Conference link – https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/Year8PTSConferences@marcellinvic.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/
- Depth Stage Conference link – https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/DepthStageY910PTSConferences@marcellinvic.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/
- Unit 2 (Yr 11) Conference link – https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/Year11PTSConferences@marcellinvic.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/
- Bookings for conferences can only be made one at a time. Parents can make multiple bookings
to see multiple staff.
- You can only make one booking per teacher to allow greater access for all parents
- Some appointment times are not available to provide for staff breaks (eg lunch, dinner)
- When you are booking, if no appointment times appear this would be due to the teacher being booked out. In this case parents are encouraged to contact your son’s teacher via email or phone.
If you have any queries regarding the parent/teacher/student conferences, please do not hesitate to contact the College for help or advice on 9851 1589 between 9.00am – 12.00pm daily.